What Winter Driving Tips Should You Know?
Winter may bring beautiful scenery with snow-covered trees and twinkling lights all around, but it can also make it more challenging to drive around Midwest City. With snow, ice, and freezing temperatures, it’s important to take extra precautions before getting on the road. That’s why the team at AutoMax Hyundai Del City put together this list of winter driving tips to help you stay safe this season.
5 Winter Weather Driving Tips
- Create an Emergency Kit: Before heading out around the Oklahoma City area this winter, prep your vehicle with an emergency kit in case you get stranded along the road somewhere and have to wait for roadside assistance. This kit should include a flashlight, extra batteries, small shovel, cat litter or sand, phone charger, bottled water, non-perishable snacks, extra clothes, blankets, battery-operated radio, jumper cables, candles and matches, and a snow brush/ice scraper.
- Check Your Tires: The cold weather affects yours tire pressure, so it’s a good idea to regularly check to make sure they’re inflated properly. You may also see your Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light come on. If it does, head to a local gas station or your local service center to have more air put in your tires.
- Stop Slowly: If you’re one of those people who prefers a quicker stop, consider applying the brakes a little sooner than normal when there’s snow or ice on the ground. Allow yourself some extra time to come to a complete stop at a traffic light or sign to ensure your safety and the safety of other drivers.
- Start Gently: Another tip for how to drive in the snow is to accelerate gently. Instead of stomping on the gas pedal, gently press down and move slowly to avoid your tires spinning out or slipping.
- Check Fluids: It’s a good idea to keep your gas tank filled to at least halfway during the winter months to ensure you won’t run out of gas and get stranded away from Edmond. You might also want to consider winter-specific wiper fluid, which helps remove snow and ice.
Schedule Service for Winter Maintenance in Del City
To help avoid the possibility of a breakdown and improve your winter-weather driving, schedule a check up with the AutoMax Hyundai Del City service department. We’ll complete routine maintenance and check your vehicle for leaks, worn-out hoses, and other issues. We’d even be glad to help you learn how to trade in your car or how to jumpstart a car!
More Service Tips from AutoMax Hyundai Del City
Winter may bring beautiful scenery with snow-covered trees and twinkling lights all around, but it can also make it more challenging to drive around Midwest City. With snow, ice, and freezing temperatures, it’s important to take extra precautions before getting on the road. That’s why the team at AutoMax Hyundai Del City put together this list of winter driving…
At AutoMax Hyundai Del City, we know that waiting around for routine maintenance is a hassle. That’s why we offer Hyundai Assurance Car Care Express, which eliminates wait times of more than an hour for basic automotive service in the Del City area. Hyundai Assurance DetailsService Center What’s Included with Hyundai Assurance Car Care Express? Not all Hyundai service…
Schedule Service Following your Hyundai Sonata maintenance schedule is the first step towards maintaining your Sonata’s reliability and avoiding expensive future repairs. Here’s what you can expect at each recommended service interval. 7,500 Miles At your first Hyundai Sonata scheduled maintenance, a technician will: Inspect Air Cleaner Filter Inspect Air Conditioning Compressor Inspect Air Conditioning…