Trims and Pricing
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata is offered in six dynamic well-appointed trims:
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata SE – Starting at $21,950 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Eco – Starting at $23,125 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport – Starting at $23,400 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T – Starting at $26,600 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited – Starting at $27,150 MSRP
- 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T – Starting at $34,350 MSRP
The Sonata’s aerodynamic profile cuts through the wind, reducing drag and improving efficiency while additional features like an HID lighting system with optional dynamic bending light that turns the headlamps in the direction of the steering wheel enhance visibility. LED daytime running and tail lights, power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, and automatic high-beam assist add style, and options like a panoramic or power sunroof, hands-free smart trunk, and dual exhaust tips make the Sonata the sporty, convenient ride of driver’s dreams.
Hyundai has made three engines available for Sonata shoppers:
- 1.6L – The 1.6L inline 4-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged engine is available exclusively on the Eco model and is paired to the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch transmission with SHIFTRONIC. This combination generates178 hp and 195 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering 28 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel efficiency in recent testing.
- 2.4L – The 2.4L 4-cylinder engine paired and 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC power the SE, Sport, and Limited trims and create 185 hp and 178 lb.-ft. of torque while giving drivers an impressive 25 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel efficiency according to the EPA.
- 2.0L – The 2.0 trims get a 2.0L twin-scroll inline turbocharged 4-cylinder motor and 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC that makes 245 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and delivers 22 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway fuel efficiency.
Interior Design and Features
Inside, the 2017 Hyundai Sonata gives drivers plenty of comfort, convenience, and tech options to make the commute fun, including:
- Driver Comfort – Upscale options like leather-faced heated and ventilated front seats with power and memory complement the dual-zone climate control and class-leading interior volume to allow drivers to create a comfortable, customizable place to spend the drive.
- Impressive Convenience – Hyundai takes convenience up a notch with options like a multi-function steering wheel, Smart Cruise Control, and Bluetooth hands-free calling that gives drivers the ability to respond to important calls on the run. The 2.0T trims also get access to paddle shifters, to add a little more interactive fun to the drive.
- Advanced Technology – Hyundai’s BlueLink Telematics system comes standard, as does access to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which allows drivers to connect a compatible smartphone to the touchscreen interface and stream music and more. Drivers can even add an optional navigation system for turn-by-turn directions.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Reviews
The Sonata has quickly risen to the top of a very crowded list of capable midsized sedans and, with reviews like these, it’s easy to see why:
- Edmunds – “It has a spacious interior with road-trip-worthy seats, a long list of standard features, well-laid out controls and a smooth ride.”
- Automobile Magazine – “The crisper steering and supple suspension action make the car feel securely planted.”
- AutoWeek – “In back, the rear seat room is downright cavernous — four genuine six-footers fit so well you’ll wonder why Hyundai even needs bigger models.”
- Car and Driver – “As in most Hyundai products of late, there’s an obsessive cohesiveness to the interior design that shames many aspirational brands.”
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2017 Hyundai Sonata is designed to prevent accidents and, when that isn’t possible, ensure that cabin occupants have a better chance of walking away:
- Prevention – The Sonata’s traction control features include Vehicle Stability Management and Electronic Stability Control, as well as ABS and Electronic Brake-force Distribution with Brake Assist, making it easier to keep the car on the road if things get dicey.
- Assistance – Driver Assist features like Lane Change Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection, and rearview camera with Rear Cross-traffic Alert help drivers avoid obstacles they may not be able to see.
- Protection – If prevention is unsuccessful, the Sonata is equipped with a full suite of airbags, including advanced dual front airbags with occupant classification sensors, driver’s knee airbags, and side-impact and side-curtain airbags to help soften the blow.
Get Behind the Wheel of a 2017 Hyundai Sonata at Your Premier Oklahoma City and Edmond Hyundai Leader
Contact AutoMax Hyundai of Del City at (405) 217-3451 to learn more about the 2017 Hyundai Sonata now available to Oklahoma City and Edmond shoppers, or stop by our dealership at 4401 Tinker Diagonal St. in Del City, OK.