The 2017 Hyundai Elantra Delivers Noteworthy Performance
The 2017 Hyundai Elantra returns fully revised, with all-new powertrain options and scores of performance features for a more exhilarating driving experience. The ride is tight yet playful enough for urban driving, and you’ll also enjoy the confident cruising power required for making quick passes on the highway. With three engines and three transmissions, you can base the performance of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra on your own precise needs and wants. Let’s dive in and explore what this new model offers!
Unlike most compact sedans, the 2017 Hyundai Elantra pulls out all the stops to deliver a choice of three outstanding engines. Whether you want to prioritize performance, focus on efficiency, or enjoy a healthy fusion of the two, you’ll find exactly what your heart desires:
- 2.0L Inline 4-Cylinder: Standard in the Elantra SE, Value Edition, and Limited, this engine features Multi-Point Fuel Injection (MPI), and puts you in control of 147 hp and 132 lb-ft of torque for a fun and feisty drive.
- 1.4L Turbocharged Inline 4-Cylinder: At the core of the hyper-efficient Elantra Eco, you’ll find this Direct Injection engine, which is rated at 128 hp and 156 lb-ft of torque.
- 1.6L Turbocharged Inline 4-Cylinder: Capable of 201 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque, the Elantra Sport is one of the most powerful compact sedans on offer, thanks largely to this engine’s Direct Injection and turbocharging technologies.
The 2017 Hyundai Elantra complements its range of engine options with three options for your transmission system, including:
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission: Standard on the SE and Sport, this system offers precise control over shifts, and earns an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of up to 26 mpg city/36 mpg highway.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: This system helps the Value Edition and Limited earn a stellar EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/37 mpg highway rating with SHIFTRONIC technology and an Active ECO System.
- 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission: Also fitted with SHIFTRONIC, this transmission earns up to 32 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway in the Eco model.
For most compact sedans, state-of-the-art engines and transmissions would be more than enough, but not for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra. You can optimize the cabin around performance by opting for features such as aluminum alloy pedals and a flat-bottom leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, and all trim levels offer the following sporty features:
- MacPherson Strut front suspension with coil springs
- Drive Mode Select
- Motor-Driven Power Steering (MDPS)
The chassis itself has been painstakingly sculpted for enhanced performance and efficiency, with a stronger aerodynamic coefficient of drag (0.27) than the Corolla Eco, Ford Focus, or even the Nissan Leaf EV.
Book a Test Drive and Experience the 2017 Elantra Today!
At the end of the day, words can never fully express the performance of the 2017 Hyundai Elantra – you need to drive it yourself. To arrange a test drive, contact us online, or give us a call at (405) 217-3451. The team here at AutoMax Hyundai of Del City can’t wait to hear from you!