How to Perform an Oil Change
If you’re looking to save money on oil changes, follow these simple steps:
- Check your owner’s manual for the recommended oil and filter.
- Gather your necessary tools: a box-end wrench, rubber mallet, filter wrench, and drain pan.
- Put down a plastic tarp under the vehicle.
- Jack up the car, position jack stands under it, then lower the car onto the stands.
- Open the drain plug to allow the old oil to flow out into the oil pan.
- Take out the oil filter with a filter wrench and install a new one.
- If needed, replace the gasket on the drain plug. Use the rubber mallet and box-end wrench to tighten it.
- Add the recommended amount of new oil to the vehicle.
- Take the vehicle off of the jack stands and you’re good to go!
Turn to AutoMax Hyundai of Del City for Oil Change Advice
Every car is different, and oil changes can get complicated in a hurry. If you’d rather experience the advantages of a certified technician, it’s time to schedule service with AutoMax Hyundai. We’re also happy to answer any questions you have, whether it’s about oil changes or the unique three-door Hyundai Veloster. Stop by today to find out why do many Midwest City customers turn to us for service!