How Do I Change a Tire?
At the AutoMax Hyundai Del City service center, our service center is concerned with every aspect of auto care and want to make sure our drivers know how to take care of their car when they can’t schedule a service appointment. One of the most common questions from our Oklahoma City and Edmond drivers is “How do I change a tire?” and we’re here to answer it.
How to Properly Change a Tire
Changing a tire can seem intimidating if you’ve never done it before, but if you keep a cool head and follow these steps, you’ll be back on the road in no time.
- Pull over to the side of the road and out of traffic.
- Turn off the car, put it in park, and engage the emergency brake.
- If you have tire blocks, put them on either side of the tire opposite the flat.
- Follow the instructions on your jack and spare tire to remove them.
- Place the jack under the frame.
- Line the jack up to fit its notch into the frame, then raise it slowly.
- Lift the car enough so the weight is off the flat tire.
- Loosen the lug nuts and remove the tire.
- Put the replacement tire on the wheel and tighten the lug nuts.
- Alternate tightening the nuts so the tire goes on secure and straight.
- Lower the car back down and put your gear in the trunk.
After you’ve changed a tire once, it’ll be easy to do it a second time. Remember not to drive on a spare tire for long.
Let the Service Center at AutoMax Help
Our technicians are happy to help out with any of your auto care and repair needs here at AutoMax Hyundai Del City. If you’re looking for how to change a tire near Edmond or Oklahoma City, you’re likely in need of at least one new tire (and probably a new donut for your trunk). Stop by our service center and let us put a new tire on your rim and make sure your spare is up to snuff.
Contact AutoMax Hyundai Del City for More Information
If you have any questions about car care or changing a tire, our service center is always here to help. You can even learn more about the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Contact us online, reach the service center by phone at (888) 974-8803, or just drop by our dealership six days a week at 4401 Tinker Diagonal Street in Del City, just a short trip for our Oklahoma City and Edmond drivers.