2016 Hyundai Sonata vs 2016 Nissan Altima
2016 Hyundai Sonata
2016 Nissan Altima
If you are in the market for a capable sedan that offers plenty of safety, performance, and value, few models compare to the 2016 Hyundai Sonata, available now to Midwest City and Oklahoma City car shoppers at AutoMax Hyundai. For those who are still undecided, we’ve matched the Sonata up against a tough competitor, the 2016 Nissan Altima. Take a look at how they stack up, then come visit our dealership to schedule a test drive today.
Safety and Security
The Sonata has been rated safer thanks to better standard features and more advanced engineering than the Nissan:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata – The Sonata offers the optional Blue Link system which provides navigation through a GPS receiver. In the event of an accident where the airbags deploy, this system can also contact emergency services to summon help. In NHTSA front and side impact crash testing, the Hyundai Sonata scored 5 stars, the highest rating available. In IIHS testing the Sonata was a “Top Safety Pick+” for 2015, the highest rating the IIHS offers.
- 2016 Nissan Altima – The Altima offers navigation as an option, but without a GPS notification system it is unable to contact help should you be involved in an accident. Also, in recent NHTSA side impact crash testing, the Nissan Altima received just a 3-star rating for front seat safety and in IIHS testing, the Altima was only rated a “Top Pick,” well below the Sonata.
Reliability and Warranty
In J.D. Power and Associate’s 2015 study, the Hyundai Sonata was rated number four overall for initial quality, while the Nissan Altima came in at number 20, putting it below average. But that’s not all:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata – Hyundai offers one of the best vehicle warranties in the world, giving drivers a full 5-year/60,000-mile basic and 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, while the corrosion protection is good for 7 years, helping drivers to protect their investment for longer.
- 2016 Nissan Altima – The Altima’s basic warranty is just 3-years/36,000 miles, while the powertrain warranty is good for only 5-year/60,000 miles. The corrosion coverage for the Altima is just 5-years as well, cutting your protection to years shorter with the Altima.
Power and Performance
When it comes to overall driving experience, it’s clear that the Hyundai Sonata comes out on top:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata – The Sonata can be equipped with a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that produces 260 lb-ft of peak torque while still delivering 23 mpg city/32 mpg highway fuel economy. The Sonata is also better at controlling that power, using 12.6-inch brake rotors on the Sport trim to bring the Hyundai to a full stop from 70 mph in just 165 feet.
- 2016 Nissan Altima – The Altima’s optional 3.5L V6 engine produces just 251 lb-ft of peak torque, while falling behind in fuel economy at a rating of just 22 mpg city/32 highway mpg. The Altima’s smaller 11.7-inch brake rotors are less effective, taking over 188 feet to come to a stop from 70 mph.
Test Drive the New 2016 Hyundai Sonata at Your Trusted Midwest City and Oklahoma City Area Hyundai Dealer
The 2016 Hyundai Sonata brings a rare combination of performance and value to Midwest City and Oklahoma City car buyers. To test drive one today at AutoMax Hyundai, feel free to contact us at (405) 217-3451 or visit our showroom at 4401 Tinker Diagonal St. in Del City to learn more.