Hyundai Tucson Performance
The compact 2017 Hyundai Tucson provides the performance and handling that Oklahoma City and Edmond drivers need to manage the rigors of city driving or the demands of an off-road adventure. With two potent engines and a well-designed suspension system, it’s little surprise that the Tucson has become a favorite at AutoMax of Del City.
2017 Hyundai Tucson Engine Specs
Drivers can choose from two dynamic engines for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson:
- 2.0L – The SE Trim is powered by the 2.0L inline 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve powerplant paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC. This combination generates 164 hp and up to 151 lb.-ft. of torque. In recent EPA testing, the 2.0L was able to return 23 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway fuel efficiency.
- 1.6L – All other trims are fitted with the 1.6L inline 4-cylinder turbocharged powerplant mated to the 7-speed EcoShift dual clutch transmission to provide 175 hp and 195 lb.-ft. of torque. This combination delivered as much as 26 mpg/city and 32 mpg/highway in recent government testing.
Other Performance Features
In addition to potent engines, Hyundai has equipped the Tucson with a responsive suspension, two capable drivetrains, and powerful brakes to help make even emergency maneuvers worry-free:
- All-Wheel Drive – Front-wheel drive is standard, but each trim also offers the option of Hyundai’s capable AWD system, which automatically transfers powers to the wheels that need it to minimize slippage and improve traction.
- Drive Mode Select – The available DMS system allows drivers to choose from three drive settings – Normal, Eco, and Sport – to adjust the vehicle’s steering, transmission output, and throttle to provide exactly the right ride for the terrain.
- Multi-Link Suspension – The Tucson’s independent MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension work together with the SACH gas-pressurized front and rear shock absorbers to provide a supple ride, even on rough city streets or unimproved country roads.
- Power Steering – The Motor-Driven power steering offers drivers a natural, responsive experience behind the wheel, easily accommodating windy roads or sudden emergency maneuvers.
- Stabilizer Bars – Front and rear stabilizer bars hold the Tucson steady during sharp turns ad prevent body roll, helping the vehicle to maintain its place on the road.
- Traction Control – The standard traction control system with electronic stability control work together with the vehicle’s drivetrain to help prevent wheelspin when the road is wet or icy. This helps to prevent accidents by stabilizing acceleration and braking in all weather conditions.
- Advanced Braking – The anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Brake Assist, and Electronic Brake-force Distribution add additional force to the vehicle’s braking system and prevent the wheels from locking up, allowing drivers to maintain control more easily.
- Vehicle Stability Management – When accelerating or braking the vehicle can become unstable, VSM keeps all four wheels on the same path and prevents the tires from becoming uneven, which can lead to an accident.
Experience the 2017 Hyundai Tucson Performance in Action at the Premier Oklahoma City and Edmond Hyundai Authority
To explore the 2017 Hyundai Tucson performance yourself, or to schedule an Oklahoma City or Edmond test-drive, contact AutoMax Hyundai of Del City at (405) 217-3451 or visit us at 4401 Tinker Diagonal St in Del City, OK.